How to Treat Acne
We all look forward to aging like fine wine. There’s no better way to do that than by taking care of our body’s largest organ, the skin.
The youthfulness of our skin or lack thereof is a reflection of how we treat our bodies. Even though collagen production reduces as you advance in age, it is no excuse not to keep your wrinkles in check or create a healthy skincare routine.
While a myriad of suggestions exists on maintaining a youthful glow, this article explores six tested and proven ways to help you look and feel younger.
- Invest in a skincare routine: One of the greatest gifts you can give to your body is a regular skincare routine with some of the best products in the market. The more natural your skincare products are, the more nourishment it will give to your skin. That’s why we recommend top natural skin care products such as collagen face cream, which increases collagen production, making your skin maintain its youthful glow.
- Wear sunscreen daily: Exposure to the sun can damage your skin and lead to wrinkles and premature aging.Regular use of sunscreen can protect your skin and slow down signs of aging.It doesn’t matter whether or not the sun is shining; U.V. rays can still penetrate the clouds. Ensure you apply your sunscreen every time you step out of your house. The most recommended sunscreens have an SPF of between 30 and 50.Do not forget your neck when applying sunscreen. Many people focus on their faces and forget that the neck is one of the first places to exhibit signs of aging. It is also important to apply extra sunscreen cream on your eyelid skin (region under your eyes). This is one of the thinnest areas in the body, and the sun’s damage shows up in the form of skin transparency such that you can see the dark glow of color beneath the skin. For extra protection during summer, wear a wide brim hat, sunglasses with U.V. protection, and light-colored clothes that reflect the sun.
- Keep your Eye Makeup simple: They say the eyes are the windows to the soul. Keeping these windows attractive without too much makeup will give you that sweet sixteen look without trying too hard. You can spice up your eyes by applying a clear layer of primer to hold your eyeshadow in place. Using flattering shadows and a liquid eyeliner will also create a perfect line without tugging or pulling on your skin.
- Use a moisturizer before foundation: Whether it’s a temporary hormonal breakout during that time of the month or a regular skin problem, acne is that unwelcome guest we all want to stay away from. It can be embarrassing, painful, and even damaging to our confidence and self-esteem.When dealing with acne, the last thing you need is to spend time scouring cosmetic shops for different facial creams. To ease your burden, we have gathered six tested and proven ways to treat your acne without damaging your skin.
- Face mask treatment: Facemasks are a safe and effective treatment option for acne. Packed with exfoliating acids, they cure pimples and absorb excess oil, leaving your skin clear and healthy. Some facemasks like the face mask vegan are so effective that they can even get rid of your acne scars.Sometimes treating acne can take 4-6 weeks before you begin to notice any visible changes. So, do not throw in the towel after the first few face mask treatments or run to the store for a new treatment cream. A mix-up of treatments could irritate your skin even more and cause new outbreaks.Once you notice the first signs of improvement, do not stop the treatment. This way, you will protect and prevent your skin from developing new breakouts.
- Frequently wash things that come in contact with your skin: Your dirty pillowcases, hats, and bedsheets could be the reason behind your frequent breakouts. Dirt, bacteria, and dead skin cells can build up on these surfaces and clog your pores. Washing your pillowcases and bedsheets could be your saving grace from numerous acne episodes. Also, ensure other things that frequently make contact with your skin are cleaned and aired out. The solution to your acne could just be a laundry away!
- Avoid picking, popping, or touching your acne.: Popping your pimples may seem like the fastest way to clear them up, but it isn’t. Picking and popping your pimples can make them worse. So however much that pimple right in the middle of your forehead might be embarrassing keep your hands away from it.We understand, however, that sometimes we all unconsciously touch our faces. This is where a hand sanitizer comes in. With sanitized hands, you will not leave any acne-causing bacteria on your skin.
- Check your diet: “You are what you eat.” This couldn’t be any truer than in the relationship between your skin and your diet.For many years there has been a debate on the diet-skin relationship. Recent research has revealed that certain dietary factors like insulin may be related to acne. Foods that cause a spike in insulin, such as white bread, cakes, and pastries, are linked to acne development and severity. Past studies have revealed that consumers of carb-dense foods were more prone to acne than consumers of fruits and vegetables.Dairy products should also be a no-go zone for people with acne-prone skin. These products may expose you to hormonal changes that lead to acne.
- Reduce Stress: Outbreaks are a common phenomenon during stressful periods. When stressed, your body produces sebum, an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands. It may also become prone to inflammation, making you more susceptible to acne.Even more worrisome is that stress can slow wound healing by up to 40% derailing the repair of acne scars.When faced with a challenging situation, there are several things you can do to alleviate or minimize its stressful effects. Physical exercise, sufficient sleep, yoga, and meditation are some activities that can keep your stress levels in check.
- Clean your face frequently:
How often do you wash your face?
An acne-prone skin is more sensitive to dirt, heat and bacteria. Dermatologists recommend that you wash your face at most twice every day. Over washing your skin could irritate it and worsen your acne while under-washing could lead to bacteria buildup and blocked pores. The best time to wash your face is right after waking up, before you go to bed or after sweating.
An acne problem can damage more than just your face; your self-esteem, confidence, and beauty may all be at stake. This explains why you should strive for lifestyle routines that will keep acne away from you. Outlined above are some of the tested and proven solutions for your acne-prone skin. These solutions are pocket friends, healthy, and a natural way to get back your glow. With just the will to succeed and some of the above-recommended skincare products, your ideal flawless skin is a few weeks away.
As you grow older, your skin will get drier as your hormone levels drop. Avoid falling into the temptation of using a cream foundation without a moisturizer. Thick creamy foundations are packed with pigment to provide fuller coverage. Pigment is basically a component of powder. This is why you need to apply a rich face moisturizer or a hydrating primer before you put foundation on your face. A moisturizer will help keep your skin youthful even as you enjoy the benefits of full coverage from your favorite foundation.